In this teaching titled my Pastor did a quick recap of last week’s message where he explained the importance of having a strong spiritual core, which is only possible through strengthening your spiritual man and igniting the fire of The Holy Spirit within.
Here are some of my key takeaways:
- If there is enough fuel fire spreads. If there is insufficient fuel it dies.
- No matter how long or strong fire burns, it has the nature to go out.
- Prayer, church attendance, teaching, all add logs / fuel to our fire taking it from a low burn to a towering inferno.
- Associating with the wrong people can quench your fire.
This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you.2 Timothy 1:6
Timothy is pastoring under difficult conditions and his fire is burning out. We sometimes experience occupational depression through difficult circumstances.
Some fire extinguishers include:
- Health issues
- Church depression
- Stressful relationships
- Pressure, Persecution
- Discouragement, Dejection and Rejection
Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”Exodus 33:15-16
- God’s presence keeps you burning. Look for opportunities to be in His presence.
- Don’t let the enemy distract you with opportunities that take you away from God.
- Worship is not a place it’s a posture.
Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.John 12:3
- Worship is Worth ship. Expressing worth in a moment becomes worship. Mary valued God more than the value of her perfume.
- Everybody worships but not everybody worships God. They worship what they value.
Catch the fire of this powerful teaching by following the link below: